When my now ten year old was four he was diagnosed with food allergies/sensitivities. One of them was to egg. That made baking become very tricky! One of the great recipes I found was this one for egg-free waffles. We LOVE this recipe. It’s quick and easy, and they fluff up so nicely! So if you need to make them egg free or just ran out of eggs and need a quick dinner, then give this a try!
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C milk
- 6 TBSP canola oil
- 4 TBSP water
- Preheat oven to 245 degrees F to keep the waffles warm until you serve them. No one likes a soggy waffle!
- Heat up the waffle iron.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix.
- In a glass measuring cup, add milk, oil, and water.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Mix until just combined. It will be a bit lumpy still.
- When your waffle iron is ready, spray it with oil and pour about 1 C of batter onto the center of the iron.
- Follow waffle iron as to when it’s done.:)
- Keep cooked waffles in preheated oven on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet until all are cooked. This recipe yields about 4 of these large waffles.
My kids beg me to make theses all the time! And it was seriously a life-saver when Taylor diet was restricted. He was happy because he LOVED these and not every recipe I tried to tweak had a happy ending!
Having simple dinners gives me a sanity break too. I like not having to make a huge mess in my kitchen with lots of pots and pans. This is fairly simple. And you can add whatever toppings you like. Mine kids are plain jane’s and just love syrup. I prefer whipped cream and raspberries!
I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend with your families!
Life is Good. Share the Good.